There are no local signs for this tour-
Follow the route “Salz & Lakes Tour - northern loop to Oberndorf and the Silent Night Chapel” : -
- from the local railway station in Oberndorf
- short uphill ride to Göming
- via Gunsering to Arnsdorf, where Franz Xaver Gruber composed the melody to the carol “Silent Night, Holy Night” in 1818.
- Arnsdorf school, where he taught, is now also the Silent Night Museum.
- via Lamprechtshausen to Burmoos
- through the Kellerwald forest to Ölling and St. Georgen
- over the protected area of the Irlacher Au meadowlands, and alongside the river Salzach to Oberndorf.