- start at local railway station in Oberndorf
- slight climb into Göming
- continue via Gunsering to Arnsdorf (where in 1818 Franz Xaver Gruber composed the melody of the carol „Silent Night, HolyNight“ ). Nowadays the school here also serves as the „Silent Night Museum“.
- on to Lamprechtshausen and Bürmoos
- through the Kellerwald forest and Ölling to St. Georgen
- continue through the Irlacher Au, a National Trust protected area, along the river Salzach to Oberndorf.
Signposting along the „Silent Night“ round trip
Further details - here